AUS ‘93 contains the storied comeback performance from Baus Theater in Kichijoji, Tokyo, which took place on February 13, 1993 in what was their first live appearance in five years. BAUS ‘93 follows the widely acclaimed worldwide release of CITTA’ ‘93, which captured the Rallizes’ fiery gig that took place four days later at Club Citta’ in Kawasaki.
Newly mixed and mastered by Makoto Kubota, BAUS ‘93 features the previously unheard live recording meticulously restored using the original 8-channel digital multitrack masters, as well as additional sources including cassettes recorded off of the mixing board and from the audience.
The Rallizes’ lineup at Baus Theater consisted of Takashi Mizutani (Vocals, Guitar), Katsuhiko Ishii (Guitar), Kiyohiro Takada (Bass), Toshiro Mimaki (Drums). Featuring a rhythm section different from the lineup heard at Club Citta’, the band on BAUS ‘93 performed with an approach and intensity that took the performance to next levels.
The DVD contains a 23-minute video of the Baus performance, originally shot and newly edited by Akira Uji, who often handled on-stage visuals for the Rallizes.
- First-ever release of the 1993 comeback gig at Baus Theater in Kichijoji, Tokyo
- Mixed from the original multi-tracks by Rallizes member Makoto Kubota
- Official recording fully authorized by The Last One Musique
- Design by Akira Uji
- Liner notes by Jennifer Lucy Allan and Julian Cope
01. 夜、暗殺者の夜 / The Night
02. 黒い悲しみのロマンセ / Romance of the Black Pain otherwise Fallin’ Love With
03. 夜の収穫者たち_1993 / Reapers of the Night_1993
04. Darkness Returns